hydrographic project by air and sea for the coastal region in the Red Sea confined between the reefs of Nazar (Rabigh) to the great reefs (Sharm Obhur).
Duration of the project: 10 months
Project end date: 12/16/2010
Project scope of work:
- Establish geodetic Control Network, Tide Gauge Network and vertical Datum points, and perform the necessary monitoring to cover the survey area.
- Determine the expected Tide range and direction of currents, with study and analysis of Tide data and its characteristics in the survey area.
- Equipment for marine survey and treatment programs must be modern, so that they do not exceed 3 years old from the start of the project, and this must be clarified in the submitted offer, and this may exceed that which proves that the proposed devices have the same quality and ability to collect data.
- Airborne LiDAR system to cover the coast (3 km) extended to land for geographical connection between the sea and land (Bathy / Topo)
- Covering the defined shallow coastal areas between high and low tides, islands and coral reef areas.
- Port areas in the Red Sea should be surveyed according to International Hydrographic Organization(IHO)specifications.
- Providing marine survey ships with a comprehensive depth monitoring device, for depths exceeding (20) meters, and merging them with data that were monitored using Radar to ensure that there is 100% full coverage of the area taking into consideration the high turbidity in the Red Sea.
- All data of the LiDAR and the comprehensive monitoring device must be of high accuracy and clarity for all areas of the project in order to ensure full coverage of the area and the absence of voids.
- Use the two Observation and side monitoring devices to ensure navigation obstacles at the bottom.
- Use the comprehensive monitoring device to collect bottom classification data and compare it with the collected samples from the bottom.
- Coastline identification (high tide monitoring, low tide monitoring) and landmarks.
- The contractor must provide the Commission with detailed information, specifications, and photographs of the aircraft and marine survey boats used to obtain the necessary permits.
- The aircraft, ships, hydrographic devices and the method of implementation will be evaluated, along with adding any other criteria that the commission deems appropriate.
- hydrographic devices and marine vessels are subject to examination by a team from the commission.
- All work involved (data collection, processing, auditing and field verification) must be carried out strictly according to IHO specifications.
- The hydrographic ship must be eligible for the survey and equipped with a marine electronic mapping system, as well as the plane equipped with LiDAR , so that it is qualified and conform to the specifications of the Civil Aviation Authority in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The contractor must perform quality control and assurance work for all data during survey work and after completing survey work and attach a separate report for quality control and assurance work.