Is the science of accurately measuring and understanding three fundamental properties of the Earth: its geometric shape, its orientation in space, and its gravity field— as well as the changes of these properties with time.
Surveying function to carry out tasks such as the following:
- Establish, update and maintain the national geodetic network.
- Establish and operate a network of continuously operating GNSS positioning reference stations.
- Compute, determine and update the national geodetic reference framework for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and link it to the International Terrestrial Reference Frame (ITRF).
- Establish, update and maintain the national vertical network.
- Establish the (relative and absolute) gravity networks, determine the Earth gravity and magnetic values and intensify them to be used in observing and noting the movements of the Earth’s crust and the shape of the Earth as well as correcting point elevations on the vertical national network.
- Compute, determine and update the national geoid of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Carry out all types of land surveying.
- Set standards and specifications for land surveying work and related activities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.